10.3.18

Burdastyle faux wrap skirt

I have been sewing up a storm for my entry to the PR wardrobe contest.  Not sure if I will get everything blogged individually, but here is the Burdastyle skirt I made.


The pattern is Burdastyle 07-2017-113.  The fabric is a heavy white denim, that I found in my cupboard and am unsure of the origins.  The hem bands are a grey linen, interfaced to match the weight of the denim.


The back of the skirt is plain.


My fabric was heavier than the fabrics listed for the pattern, so I swapped the invisible zip for a lapped zipper and button closure.


I stuck a sneaky pocket in between the front layers.  It it sort of like the coin pocket on men's trousers, only a bit bigger.


I haven't been wearing skirts much lately, but it is good to mix things up now and then.

2 comments:

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

I love those sorts of pockets!

Cute skirt; I love the contrast.

AllisonC said...

I love how this turned out, I want one too now! The little pocket is a really clever idea.