13.6.17

Funny Fabric Story

I heard this story on the radio yesterday - made me laugh!  I thought you fabric lovers may appreciate the link.

I went to the fabric store she is referring to.  It was over twenty years ago.  I didn't have such a fabric obsession then (I didn't have much of anything, to be honest.  Very low on funds).  I didn't even have a stash.  Not one piece.  For some reason, my boyfriend and I decided to make everyone hats for Christmas.  One day, when we were wandering through the city, we saw this dusty little shop with all these rolls of fabric, on the floor, filling up the corners.  I remember buying a purple wool with a white check stripe running through it.  I just spoke to that boyfriend about it (he still lives with me!) and he doesn't remember it at all.  I've often wondered if the shop was still there and why I never heard about it, but it sounds like it must be gone.

5 comments:

Summer Flies said...

That's a funny story. All I could think of is why would you need wool hats for Christmas given the heat, LOL! Thanks for sharing that link. I remember the brown velour she talks of... this is probably why I don't do brown...My sister had a brown velour pants suit with pinstripes. '70's all the way. (mum probably still has it somewhere.)

Ali said...

Hah! I just listened. I loved going to Job Warehouse, so many unique and beautiful fabrics. The owner was very grumpy, but I did get a few hugs from him back in the day when I spent enough money. He never told me to go to Lincraft, but that would've been funny, because at the time I was working there!

Megan O said...

I heard that story on the radio the other day too and loved it. I also loved that the audience appreciated a fabric story so much!

Summer Flies said...

Thanks for your comment. I replied there but in case you don't see it - Oh pass on your recipes! The gnocchi one was a ricotta one from the My Kitchen Rules cookbook. My son like watching it together and he likes to cook too. What sauce do you serve the gnocchi with?

Janine said...

That is funny. I do recollect an old shop window in the city with rolls of fabric and wondered about it. Perhaps that is the place. Oh yeah I had a shop bought blue velour tracksuit and felt so cool ( probably because all of my jeans etc were Mum made and she used to add rickrack etc at the hems ).