I love the shocking pink fabric in this skirt, and the patrones pattern is really interesting...but in my love for them both, I didn't realise that deep down I wanted a longer skirt for this fabric. The skirt is wearable, but it is not the magnificence I was hoping for.
The patrones skirt (I will find the number and put it in here later) has side panels. There are pockets sewn into the panel seams, which is pretty cool.
The front horizontal darts are cool, but they don't really match my shape. I think maybe I could have left off the bottom dart. The light pink dots actually look grey in real life.
I compared the pattern to my sloper, but I didn't make a muslin. I ended up having to take the side panels in quite a bit, because the fabric is so stretchy, which has made my use of the reverse side of the fabric for the panels just look like a bit of a mistake.
I chose to use a wide elastic for the skirt waist facing, which I think was the right decision, given the stretchiness of the fabric, but it doesn't look nicely finished on the inside. There is an invisible zipper at the back.
The colour makes this skirt fun, and I will wear it, but I am not likely to use this pattern again.