I did alter the pattern slightly to exaggerate the triangular hem peaks a little...in some of the reviews it looked more like an uneven hem than a feature, and I wanted to make mine a feature.
This pattern calls for exposed seam allowances, top-stitched from the outside. The instructions advise you to trim the seam allowances before top-stitching. I used my coverstitch machine, which I am not proficient at using, so I trimmed afterwards. Only it turns out that I am not very neat at trimming (and my new scissors seem to have rusted in the humidity over Christmas...not happy). So it is all a little messy, but maybe it will sort itself out in the wash??
I also didn't pre-wash the fabric, so it is possible that those racing stripes down the back will buckle if the fabric shrinks...I may have some unpicking ahead of me. The stripes are made from a pink and white fancy ric-rac, which was the only ribbon that I could find in my rummaging that even vaguely matched. I thought about leaving it off, but I really like the effect of the stripes...makes the top a little more interesting. Next time, I might use some sort of adhesive tape to keep the ribbon in place before I stitch it.
In the top photos, I was trying to reduce the shadows, which really made a feature of the red top. I have also put in a couple of more natural photos below, in case you prefer more realistic shots.